venerdì 7 settembre 2012

Historic Tuscany: Lucca and its walls


Lucca and Its magical Walls

Welcome my friends! 
Glad to have you here in my My Own Italy again, to discover Italy with My Personal Touch!
Today I'd like to indroduce you to a very significant place for the Medieval architecture; I'm speaking about Lucca and its Walls.
Entering Lucca by the doors though The Walls

 The Walls of Lucca are a symbol of the city is recognized worldwide for its beautiful art-monuments for their historical value.


The construction of the walls of Lucca dates back to the Renaissance period that elapses between the first half of the sixteenth century to the mid-seventeenth century and has been preserved intact to this day.  

Lucca, The Walls (Italy)
From an architectural point of view, the walls are made up of twelve curtains embankment, which join together eleven bastions, faced in brick, twelve feet high and thirty wide at the base.


Lucca, beyond its Walls


They extend for more than four kilometers make up a large and impressive urban park.


 


Piazza Anfiteatro, Lucca (Italy)
When you finished to walk around, you can visit the city: a lot of magnificient monuments and the famous  Piazza Anfiteatro.


Me @ "Old Charlie", Piazza Anfiteatro, Lucca (Italy)




  
I'd like to descrive you more, but I'll talk later: now I would like to take a break in this magic Piazza. It's so exiciting to breath this air of ancient times...



Follow me: www.myownitaly.com
Ciao, Carlotta!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento