martedì 11 settembre 2012

The Marche and the Spectacular Grotte di Frasassi

Grotte di Frasassi (Ancona, Italy)
Hello, my friends!
Welcome again on My Own Italy, and discover with me the beauty of Italy!
Today I'd like to talk about a spectacle of nature unlike any in the World: the Grotte di Frasassi.

Grotte di Frasassi, Entrance (Ancona, Italy)

The caves represent a journey full of surprises: about thirty kilometers long, on eight different levels of concentrations limestone that formed huge stalactites and stalagmites. Really a unique in nature! 
The tour of the caves open to the public is a mile long and a half.


Grotte di Frasassi

The first cave you can visit beginning the path is the one called "Ancona abyss."  Majestic, it is considered one of the largest in the world: its physical size is comparable to that of the Cathedral of Milan!


Parking @ Grotte di Frasassi (Ancona)



I'm sure it will be a so exiting experience for you too: I was so enchanted by the beauty of these caves.
Let me know what your experience will be!



 
Follow me: www.myownitaly.com 
Ciao! Carlotta

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento